ICD10 Diagnosis Coding
As your clinical laboratory, ACM Medical Laboratory is required to utilize patient diagnosis codes that you provide to ACM for billing the patient’s insurance. ACM must receive a diagnosis code or narrative with every laboratory order. As you may know, a major switch from ICD9 to ICD10 coding occurred on October 1, 2015. ACM has updated our information systems and provided staff training in order to be prepared for the switch from ICD9 to ICD10 on October 1, 2015. Please see below for links to ICD10 guidance tools. For inquiries, please contact Christopher Benziger at 585-429-1985.
- American Medical Association ICD10 Planning and Implementation Guidance
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ICD10 Watch; Guidance, Tools and Information
- The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) ICD10 Readiness Website
- American Academy of Professional Coders; ICD10 Tips and Resources
- Road to 10: ICD10 Readiness for the Small Provider Office
- Tips for 10: To assist with the educational process, we are providing weekly Tips for 10.
- ICD9 to ICD10 crosswalks by specialty available from AAPC.
- Follow this link for assistance with ICD9 to ICD10 coding conversion